Yehudit Judy Dori is Dean of the Faculty of Education in Science and Technology at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. Prof. Dori has been intermittently visiting professor and visiting scholar at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, since 2000. Between 2009 and 2013 she was Dean of Continuing Education and External Studies at the Technion. In 2013-2014 she was Visiting Professor at Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and in 2014-2015 she was Visiting Scientist at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, both at MIT. Her research interests encompass learning in technology-rich environments, educational assessment, scientific visualizations, and metacognition at high school and university levels. Prof. Dori is member of the editorial board of Journal of Science Education and Technology (JOST) and was twice member of the editorial board of Journal of Research in Science Teaching (JRST). She served on the NARST International committee and the NARST Membership and Elections committee. She was Guest Editor of two special issues on the educational reform at MIT in the Journal of Science Education and Technology (2007, 2008). Her book on metacognition in science education, which Prof. Dori co-edited with Prof. Zohar, was published by Springer in 2012, and she is the first editor of this edited book on cognition, metacognition, and culture in STEM education, published by Springer in 2017.
- Ph.D. Science Education, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1988.
- M.Sc. Life Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1981.
- Teaching Diploma Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, 1978.
- B.Sc. Chemistry and Biochemistry, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1975.
- Scientific visualizations
- Higher order thinking skills & metacognition
- Assessment at high school and university levels
- Implementation of teaching approaches and curricula
- Educational technologies
- Assessing the TEAL Project
- Chemistry Learning Materials
- Assessment of …
2003 Salomon Simon Mani Award for Excellence in Teaching, Technion.
2003 Outstanding Guest Speaker Award, Learning International Networks Consortium (LINC), The First LINC Conference, Cambridge, MA, Feb.
Office: Faculty of Education in Science and Technology, Technion City, Haifa 32000